Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. Before you post, you have to register with a valid email address.


Germany PR + Belgium study visa, is that legal?

I have Germany permanent residence (Niederlassungserlaubnis) and is going to study in Belgium for two years. I am worried if this could make any problem on my PR status in Germany. My plan is to stay in Belgium in weekdays but return back to Germany during the weekends, so I may need one apartment on each country. My questions are:

1. Do I have to register an address in Belgium to get the study visa? Will German government be noticed about my status in Belgium?

2. I heard each person can have only one registered address in EU. If that's true, what should I do? I must keep my address in Germany to maintein the PR...

I asked the local foreigners' officer, but they just said it will be ok if I have Permanent EC residence. However I am not able to apply for it now...
  Anyone knows something or has similar experience? Thanks!!
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

Posts: 51
Stars: 121
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Posts: 2
Stars: 2
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott
Posts: 2
Stars: 2
Date: 10/21/17
Posts: 37
Stars: 33
Date: 10/21/17
Katja Ponert
Posts: 2
Stars: 3
Date: 11/10/16
Rebecca Müller
Posts: 1
Stars: 2
Date: 9/27/16
Andreas von der Heydt
Posts: 4
Stars: 3
Date: 10/20/14
Naming software is hard because the name needs to convey a lot of meaning about what it does to an unfamiliar audience. Here are tips for giving technology memorable names.